Head-on collisions are vehicular collisions where the front ends of the truck and of another vehicle hit each other from opposite directions.
In many truck wreck cases, the truck driver lacks precaution and/or is not following the limits prescribed by state laws and regulations. Head on collisions are the deadliest type of truck accidents. Every year, head on crashes kill 5,200 Americans according to the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials.
Head-on collisions are often caused by:
- Speeding around curves;
- Not keeping within the speed limit;
- Distraction such as texting and mobile phone use while driving;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Not seeing, reading or following road signs properly;
- Neglect to forewarn other vehicles by failing to use required signals;
- Going against vehicles which have the right way or making counterflow; and;
- Falling asleep while driving and drifting into the incoming traffic;
If you are a victim of a truck accident due to a head-on collision, consult an expert accident lawyer today.